Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Betty Cooks - Pumpkin Bread


It is that time of year when Pumpkins, squashes, and gourds are in abundance! I love the festive looks of these and to me they mean fall and holidays! I have to tell you that I absolutely detest pumpkin pie and the thought of it makes me gag! BUT I love Pumpkin Bread and other cakes cooked with pumpkin! Doesn't make sense to me.

My mom was an AWESOME cook and I would like to share her recipe she used for yummy
home made Pumpkin Bread! I can smell it baking now. Yum!

INGREDIENTS
3 1/2 C Flour
1 1/2 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
1 t Nutmeg
2 t Baking Soda
4 Eggs
1 C Oil
2/3 C Water
2 C Pumpkin
3 C Sugar
3/4 C Nuts of choice
1 C Raisons

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350, Grease two loaf pans
2. In large mixing bowl cream eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar. Fold in flour and spice mixture.
3. Add nuts and raisons
4. Bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment