Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shakin an Bakin

Shakin an Bakin

Hello everyone. From time time I will be sharing friends blogs here. These are all blogs that I think all will enjoy. Here is one I know you will all love!
Are you hungry? Here is a recipe from my friend and she is a wonderful cook. She has her own blog with loads of wonderful recipes from Butterscotch Brownies to pork roast.
She is most creative with her crockpot and everything sounds splendid!
Here is the recipe for pork I decided to share because I see others raving about it!

Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce

(makes 4 servings)

4 (3/4" thick) boneless pork chops
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. olive oil

Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and tilt pan to coat bottom with oil. Return to medium-high heat, add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned. Continue cooking for 45 seconds to 1 minute per side to make sure the meat is done. Remove from pan and set aside on a platter. Prepare sauce in the same frying pan.

Mustard Sauce

1/3 c. sour cream
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. creamy mustard
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. minced onions

Whisk all ingredients except onions, in a small bowl. Pour into frying pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring often, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, stir in minced onions. Spoon sauce over pork chops and serve.


YUMMY sounding isn't it? I want to thank Shelly Hill for letting me share with you.
To go to her Shakin and Bakin blog follow this link:
http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. awww Thanks Joaness! I will be blogging about your fantastic blog this weekend!

    ReplyDelete