Monday, January 18, 2010

Betty Cooks

On occasion you will see me post a "Betty Cooks" recipe. These recipes are near and dear to my heart. They were my mom Betty's special recipes. Some were passed down from my grandmother to my Mom.
My mother passed away several years ago and I honor her memory with these recipes. My mom was the best cook in the world in my mind and it is an honor to share with all my friends these recipes. If you use any of her recipes let me know what you think!
The following recipe for popovers was my grandma's recipe and I remember making these as night time snacks and eating them with jelly or butter. They would also be good at the dinner table with some gravy for dipping!

Popovers

Ingredients
2 Eggs
1 C Milk
1 C sifted all sifted flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions
1. Grease muffin tins
2. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add other ingredients.
3. Mix gently with fork until just moistened (leaving lumps)
4. Fill muffins 3/4 full
5. Put it in cold oven, and turn oven to 450 degrees and bake for 20 minute.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That should be cold oven not onion! Thanks Holly for pointing that out! LOL.

    ReplyDelete